The Levi Kennedy Scholarship Program
Determination of Scholarship Recipients
Levi Kennedy Scholarship Program at School of Religious Studies (SRS) recipients , Both Academic and Ministerial, are based on the criteria set forth in the bylaws of the organization. students have to exemplify the following basic criteria in order to qualify for consideration:
- Student must currently be enrolled or planning to attend a Christian University or College which affirms New Testament Church of Christ doctrine and Discipline.
- Provide Letter of Intent and all supporting documents before the June 30th deadline.
- Letter should express student's desire to acquire Christian education
- Letter should include student's works and achievements
- Student must submit recommendation letters
- School counselor
- Church leadership
- Student must submit an official copy of their transcript
- Student must posses a GPA of no less than 3.0
- Student must submit letter of acceptance from the college or university
- Consideration is first given to those students who are graduating from high school versus those are currently in college
- The committee strives to award scholarships to students from various colleges, if possible, versus all recipients from one school
- Most importantly, the committee makes a determination not only based on the academic excellence of the student but by the works that he/she has demonstrated and the need they exemplify for the funds that are being awarded.
- Checks are made payable to the students ans the college/university. If the student does not have an outstanding balance, any remaining funds should be returned to the Levi Kennedy Scholarship Organization.